Our mission is to provide a comfortable, educational and social environment in which our members can enjoy, learn, and practice the joy of music together.
- We believe that music is important but acceptance, respect, socialization, self-esteem, and building confidence are equally as important.
- We have developed programs built around the joy of music with a focus on personal progress and musical growth.
- We celebrate diversity and accept members with different types of developmental and physical disabilities.
- We provide group classes that emphasize re-creation and re-interpretation of existing music, improvisation, self-expression, and original song composition.
- We have created a community where music is the instrument that creates a place where our members feel accepted, respected and comfortable, and have the opportunity to flourish.
- We are committed to creating connections through music between the DMF community and the general public.